AP-S Distinguished Lecturer Nominations
Nomination Deadline: August 30, 2018
Nomination for Distinguished Lecturers (DLs) may be made by anyone, with the exception of present members of the AP-S Distinguished Lecture Committee. Self nominations are also allowed and encouraged.
This year consideration will be given to award one DL position to a person who has successfully demonstrated entrepreneurship in an antenna- or propagation-related field and have given presentations on that to encourage others. Nominees who wish to be considered under this category should indicate that in the nomination documents.
The entire nomination package should be sent by email (documents in PDF) to the Chair of the Committee by the deadline in order to ensure consideration for the three-year term beginning in January of the following year. Large video clips can be submitted by other means such as Dropbox.
The nomination package should include the following:
- A letter of recommendation from the nominator, or a statement of purpose in the case of self nomination. This should indicate the feedback received by the nominee after previous external (preferably international) presentations and his/her willingness to travel to chapters around the world as part of the service.
- A vita or resume of the nominee that includes a list of presentations given by the nominee since 2013. In the list, identify each presentation of more general/tutorial/workshop nature with an asterisk.
- A set of abstracts for the proposed presentations that the nominee plans on offering. (Please visit the Distinguished Lecturer Program webpage to see abstracts from present DLs.) The number of presentations offered by each DL varies, but 2-3 is typical.
- A sample set of viewgraphs from a recent presentation given by the candidate.
- A 15-minute recording of one of the proposed presentations. This will be used by the committee for their evaluations.
Candidates will be judged by the Distinguished Lecturer Committee on their qualifications, including
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Quality and relevance of proposed lectures that are of current or tutorial interest
- An outstanding record of accomplishment in the field of Antennas and Propagation
- Demonstrated entrepreneurship (only for entrepreneurship category)
Decisions will normally be made by October 30th of each year.
Prof. Karu Esselle
Chair, 2018 IEEE AP-S Distinguished Lecture Program
School of Engineering
Sydney, NSW 2109