Call for Proposals to Host the Joint IEEE AP-S International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation/ USNC-URSI Radio Science Meeting
The IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society (AP-S) and the US National Committee (USNC) of the International Union of Radio Science (URSI) invite letters of interest from appropriate groups wishing to host the joint IEEE AP-S International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation/USNC-URSI Radio Science Meeting to be held in June or July of 2022 and later years. Proposals from all IEEE Regions are welcome; however, it is expected that a joint symposium will be held in Regions 8-10 not more frequently than every third year (the joint symposium will be held in Region 10 in 2021, and venues have already been chosen for prior years).
A group approved to host the joint symposium will be expected to undertake the following major tasks:
1. Provide a volunteer local Organizing Committee to organize all aspects of the symposium, working with the professional conference organizer
2. Select a venue fulfilling all necessary requirements for the symposium
3. Establish a Technical Program Committee to process and review papers, ensuring the quality of the symposium
4. Fulfill all of the other requirements identified in the Meetings Handbook.
Proposals to host the symposium may be submitted by an authorized representative of a university, research institute, or any appropriate nonprofit organization.
At a minimum, the letter should contain the following:
1. A brief description of the proposed host group, its location, and composition
2. The proposed location and venue of the symposium, with an explanation of its advantages
3. The proposed dates (may be approximate)
4. Basic budget data using the parameters in the Meetings Handbook
5. Possible social activities
6. Possible sponsors
7. Any concurrent meetings and information on co-organizers, if any
8. Any special advantages offered by the proposal.